Lost ration card – here step by step process on how to apply for duplicate ration card online in India. The process of applying duplicate ration card is quite easy either you can apply online or offline.
But some people lose their Ration card or in very bad case they may be stolen. People don’t know what to do when they lost their Ration cards. Some families literally depend their whole lives on getting rations at those subsidised rates.
In this article, we are going to discuss How to Apply for a Duplicate Ration card if you lost your Original Ration card. Every state government s providing another Duplicate Ration card instead of an Original one. This can also be used to get all those benefits and Services.
Online Apply for Duplicate Ration Card If Lost
Every State provides these Duplicate Ration card online applications in their respective states. You just have to visit your Local State’s MeeSeva website or Public Distribution System (PDS) websites.
- You can find the “Duplicate Ration card” on the homepage of every state’s PDS Portal.
- You will be redirected to another page with the Online Application form.
- Fill in the required information in their relevant fields.
Make sure you enter the Right information. Also, you can get the application forms in your local language or in English. It also depends on the website of that specific state. Accessing services will vary from state to state.
- After entering all the information, you need to upload the proof Documents.
- And you have to mention the cause of applying for Duplicate Ration card.
- You have to pay the service charges online for the Duplicate Ration card.
- Submit the application form after uploading the Proof Documents.
After submitting the Duplicate application form online, you are provided with a reference number.
This reference number can be used to further to check the status of your Online Application form. This tracking of the status procedure is only provided online.
Offline Apply – Duplicate Ration Card
The offline application procedure is for those who are not having any Internet services. For this, the applicant has to provide the Photocopies of the proof Documents.
Before applying for the Duplicate Ration card, the applicant has to file an FIR and has to attach the cause of Application for Duplicate Ration card to the application form. Follow the below procedure to apply for a Duplicate Ration card offline.
- Visit the nearest MeeSeva office or Food and Civil Supplies Department.
- Ask for the Duplicate Ration card form.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form.
You can either get the Application Form for Duplicate Ration card either online or offline based on your comforts.
Make sure the information you fill in those columns to be right and should match with the details in your proof documents.
- Attach the proof documents to the application form.
- No fake documents are encouraged in this procedure.
- Passport sized photocards should also be attached to the application form.
You will be given a receipt with reference number after paying all the service charges in the office.
Producing Any fake document with the application form leads to rejecting of the application form.
Status of Duplicate Ration Card
If you have applied for a Duplicate ration either through offline or online, you can able to track the status of your application online. Just follow the below steps to check the Status of your Duplicate Ration card application form.
- Visit your Home state’s PDS portal online.
- Click on the “Application Status” option on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to another page.
- Enter the Application number and reference number in their respective columns.
Then click on “Submit” button at the end. you can able to track the status of your application and the Status will be displayed on the following page. checking the Status will let you know whether your application is approved or not.