Tamil Nadu ration card download, correction, status – Get all the details right over here about TN ration card online. Tamil nadu recently launched a new website where users can now able to download or apply new smart card on website itself. However, it’s mandatory to produce all the documents near by PDS office for final verification procedure.
In this article, you will find the details of How to Download Ration card, Data correction in the Ration card and How to check the status of the Applied ration card. Follow the lines in this article very carefully to know all the mentioned details.
The Ration card provides access to the basic essential commodities for the people who are economically backward in their respective states. The Rice, Wheat, Sugar and Kerosene are the subsidised needs which are provided to the citizens by the government to the ration card holders.
In present days, the Tamilnadu Government is providing Smart Ration cards to its Citizens instead of Normal Ration cards. Any old ration card holder can update their existing cards to Smart cards by visiting the Tamilnadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS) office.
Download Ration Card In Tamil Nadu
The people or Citizens of Tamilnadu can either apply for a new Ration card or can also apply for a modified Ration card through online or offline procedures. But after applying for the Ration card the candidates who are interested to Download their Ration cards should have to follow the online procedure only.
The following steps explain for a candidate How to download the Ration card after applying for it.
- Visit the official website of the Tamilnadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS).
- Click here https://www.tnpds.gov.in/ to visit the website mentioned.
- In the Homepage, you will find Citizen Login on the Left-hand side of the page.
- You will be redirected to a Login Section.
- You have to enter 10-digit mobile number which was registered with your Ration card.
- Enter your mobile number and then Click “Submit” in the below section.
- Sign in to your TNPDS account by using the above procedure.
- After signing in go to your “Smart card Print” in the consecutive tab.
- Click on the “Save now” to save PDF file of the ration card print in your preferred location.
Before downloading the Ration card PDF file to your system you will be required to select your preferred language in the pop-up tab on the present page. The login section page mentioned in the steps will be exact to the image shown in the above.
Before clicking on “Submit” on the below you must be asked to fill the Captcha section to check if you are human or not. Then follow the procedure as it is to download your Ration card. After Downloading the file you can take a hard copy of the Ration card with the help of a printer.
Ration Card Status In Tamil Nadu TN
You will be needed to check the status of your Ration card due to the following reasons.
- Smart Card Application Status and
- Ration card Correction Status.
If you are a ration card holder then you will apply for a new Smart ration card which is applied online through the TNPDS Website. After applying for the Smart Ration card you can check for the status of your application form through the method which is explained in this section of the article.
- Visit the Official TNPDS Website as per the linked mentioned above.
- Click the required status request from the right-hand column of the homepage.
- Enter the reference number which will be provided to you either by sending a message or directly.
- Then click “Submit” in the below.
- Then you will be viewed your ration card status on the following page.
The reference number will be given to you during applying for the new Smart Ration card or during applying for a modified Ration card. In both cases, the reference number will be provided and to you and the status checking procedure is also the same for those.
Corrections in Ration Card
The corrections are needed to be done to the existing ration cards as they are used for the Identity verifying purposes at any Government sectors. The mistakes in the Ration card can lead to many problems. The corrections in Ration card can be done in the following data which are registered in the Ration card data.
- Change of Address
- Family head Member change
- Change of Member name
- Correction of details like Name, Age etc.
The above listed are the details which can be modified through the Data correction procedure which are provided by the TNPDS itself. The correction in the ration card can be either online or offline processes according to your comfort.
Follow the below steps carefully if you want to apply for data correction through offline as you are not provided with any internet infrastructure in your household.
- Visit the nearest MeeSeva Office/TNPDS office in your state.
- Obtain the Data Corrections form from the officials.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form.
- The details are to be filled with correct information.
- Attach the proof documents required for the Data corrections form for any verification purposes.
- Finally, submit the data corrections form in the office.
The online process is also same as the offline procedure as discussed bu the difference is that you are not required to go to the MeeSeva office if you are preferring to apply for data correction through online.
The below steps/points are for the candidates who are willing to apply for the Data correction or data modification process through online procedure.
- Visit the MeeSeva official website of Tamilnadu state.
- Click here https://www.tnpds.gov.in/login.xhtml to visit the Data correction login page.
- Then obtain the Data Correction form from the website.
- Fill in all the details in the data correction form obtained.
- The correction/modifications are filled which are needed to modify in the Ration card.
- After fill all the details of the member whose details are to be modified in the ration card.
- Then select the check the boxes as per the Proof documents that you are submitting the application form.
- Upload the Proof Documents and signature at the end to complete the Application form.
As both procedures are almost same the candidate can apply for the Data Correction and can be able to check the status of the Application from the online procedure as mentioned in the above sections.
Also check out our latest articles about,