BCM Hostel or Backward Classes and Minority Hostel is a scheme run by the state government of Karnataka. It is an initiative which is run specifically keep students from the backward classes and/or minorities in mind.
With the help of this initiative, students from these particular communities can avail hostel facilities, that is, food and accommodation facilities at the nearest designated government hostel.
In this article, we will learn more about what all do you need to do in order to register yourself for getting enrolled into the BCM Hostels online application and admission procedure and other relevant stuff surrounding it. The registration part will be given more focus to along with the eligibility criteria.
BCM Hostel Online Registration
The BCM Hostel or Backward Classes and Minority Hostel is the initiative that, as mentioned before, is extremely beneficial for people who can’t afford themselves a place to rest their heads under. The scheme was specifically planned to help students from the said communities.
In order to register yourself with the BCM Hostel facilities, you need to follow a few steps. Those are as follows:
- Visit the official website specified: https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/fresh_register_hos_2015.do
- Fill out the first part of the application
- Click on Submit
- Also added BCM Hostel Online Application.
As mentioned above, firstly, you need to visit the official website. The website URL is given in the first point itself. As you click on the link, your site will load in and you will be greeted with a webpage like this:
As you can see, there are quite a few details that you need to mention in your application form 2018 to 2019. Those are particulars specifically needed to get you to proceed with the registration process. The details that you need to enter first up are as follows:
|1.||SSLC Pass Type|
|2.||SSLC Register (Hall Ticket)|
|3.||SSLC Pass Year|
|4.||Date of Birth (DoB)|
These are the main details that you need to enter. Apart from that, you need to enter two more location-based options. Those are:
- Whether you are an Indian citizen or not.
- In which state did you pursue your SSLC if not for Karnataka
Once you enter all of the details, the website servers will analyse the data that you have entered carefully. Your SSLC or Secondary School Leaving Certificate Hall ticket is the most important detail here. It will be used to trace your name on the results section of that very year. Possibly, with the help of your SSLC hall ticket, your personal details can also be gathered or verified.
Most likely, your examination marks, date of birth and your name, in general, will be carried forward to the next step of the registration for the BCM Hostels. The further part of the registration is detailed in the next subheading.
BCM Hostel Final Registration
Once you are done with the official first part of the registration, you will see that you will be redirected to another page with further details that you need to fill in. As you can imagine, this is the situation where you need to finalise your registration process.
For the complete information in Kannada, refer to this notification: http://backwardclasses.kar.nic.in/PDF/OnlineApplication/Hostel/HSA/Notification.pdf
Follow these steps in order to successfully finish the registration process:
- Finish Part-I and the website will redirect you to Part-II
- Fill the details there
- Upload all the supporting documents and photographs
- Finish the authentication procedure
- Note down your Acknowledgement Number, just in case
As mentioned in the points above, finish the Part-I of the application form and proceed to the second part of the registration procedure. Make sure you enter the details correctly in the first part, otherwise, you’ll have to restart the process all over again.
Fill in the rest of the details that will possibly be segregated into much more smaller details. Those are as follows:
|2.||Religion and Caste details|
|4.||Proof of Identity and Address details etc.|
These are extremely generalised of what you are supposedly going to see. There will be a plethora of information that you need to clarify to finish the registration procedure. These are the documents that you are supposed to upload the website in order to finish the registration procedure. The documents are as follows:
- The Caste and Income Certificate from the Tehsildar / Sub-Tehsildar
- The Transfer Certificate dispensed by concerned school or colleges
- Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID Number, whichever is available
- SSLC Score with the courses/subjects that you pursued
- The first page of your Bank passbook
- Documentation certifying if the candidate applying for the same is differently abled
- Passport sized photographs in .jpg format up to a max of 30 kb.
- Residence Certification Letter from the Gram Panchayat / Local Organization.
Apart from this, on the hindsight, you can easily see what are some of the specific reports and details related to the Hostel overall, for the past few academic years. You need to follow specific details in order to get hold of that information. The steps that you need to follow as follows:
- Visit the specific official website: http://admissions.kar.nic.in/bchostel/Hostel_Details.aspx
- Fill out the details
- Wait for the report to load up
As mentioned above, firstly, visit the official website specified for the reports section. Enter the said details in order to proceed ahead. Enter these details in the given webpage:
Once you are done, your details will be displayed on the screen, if it is available for those specific credentials that you have entered.