PHH Ration card – The full form for PHH Ration card is ” Priority HouseHolder “. Here we cover the complete information about PHH Ration card.
But after the NFSA 2013, the APL and BPL ration cards are again re-classified into Categories like Priority and Non-Priority. These are divided based on the household needs and including not only their income but also their Social and Economic imbalances in the society.
In this article, you will get a totally transparent view of the following information.
- How to Apply for PHH Ration Card
- Eligibility Criteria of PHH Ration Card
- Inclusion Criteria of PHH Ration card and
- Exclusion Criteria of PHH Ration Card
How to Apply for PHH Ration Card
The Procedure of applying for a Priority House Hold (PHH) Ration card is very much similar to the Process of applying for a Normal Ration Card.
If you apply for PHH ration card even though you are not eligible, then your application will get rejected.
- Visit the Nearest Public Distribution System office in your town or city.
- Ask for the PHH Ration card application form.
- You will be asked your financial and economic status for verification.
- Provide the required documents to the officials there.
- After you are verified you can start filling the application form.
- Fill out all the personal details of the family head and family members.
- Attach the supporting documents which are verified and validated later.
At last, attach the passport size of your Photograph to the application form and submit it in the office. You will be given a reference number to track out the status of your application.
Eligibility Criteria For PHH Ration Card
The Eligibility is usually calculated based on the guidelines listed under the Inclusion and Exclusion Criterion. If any household passes any one of the Criteria will be considered for the Inclusion or else they are considered to be Exclusion.
The list of the Inclusion and Exclusion Guidelines are listed below so be careful while going through those points.
Inclusion Guidelines for PHH Ration Card:
For any household to get a PHH ration card, they should be able to pass all of these following points.
- The household without any Shelter.
- The household with poverty-stricken, who is living on charities.
- All households of Primitive Tribal Groups.
- Household having a widow pension holder.
- A person with impediments or disabilities of 40% or more.
- Any transgender person in the Household.
Similarly, all the Exclusion guidelines are listed in below. Listed points are stated directly by the Government itself.
Exclusion Guidelines for PHH Ration Card:
Any family covered under any of the nine exclusion criteria are not eligible for being a beneficiary under NFSA 2013.
- A Household owning motorized a four-wheeler / a heavy vehicle/motor boats (two or more).
- A Household owning mechanized agricultural equipment such as Tractors or Harvesters.
A household with any member who is a regular employee – gazetted or non-gazetted – of Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Government aided autonomous bodies and local bodies.
- A household with any member of the family earning more than Rs.10,000/- per month in the rural and Rs.15,000/- per month for urban areas.
- Pensioners with a monthly income of more than Rs.10,000/- per month in rural areas and Rs.15,000/- per month in urban areas.
- A household with enterprises registered with the Government for services.
- A household paying Income Tax or Professional Tax.
Household having the domestic electric connection with a load of 2 KW or more and consuming an average of 300 units of energy (KWH) per month.
- A household with three or more rooms with pucca walls and pucca roof.
For a Household to get a PHH Ration Card they should not have any of these properties or assets with them so that they can be categorized as a Priority Household so that you can be provided with the PHH Ration card when you applied for it.