APL ration card online – The full form of APL ration card is “Above Poverty Line”. As per the income per annum, the ration cards are divided into APL & BPL. Below we cover the information on how to apply and List of APL 2018 online.
These ration cards colours are separate and are classified into:
- Green/Yellow Cards for Below Poverty Line (BPL) Category.
- Saffron or Photo cards for the Above Poverty Line (APL) category.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) cards for Poorest families.
Through this article, you will be able to know the information about How to Apply, Eligibility criteria for APL category, List on your district, check Name in List and Status of ration card Application.
Eligibility Criteria For Applying For An APL Ration Card
The Eligibility criteria are devised by the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) based on the laws and guidelines provided by the individual state government. The following are points listed in the Eligibility criteria by the TPDS for APL ration card online.
Click here https://www.pdsportal.nic.in/main.aspx to visit the Official Website of the PDS Portal of India.
- Families having a Total Annual Income of more than Rs.15,000/- and less than one lakh fall under the APL category.
- The members of the APL families should not own any four-wheelers or Light weighed vehicles (Excluding taxi-drivers).
- The family should not possess an irrigable land of more than Four hectares.
If any member of the APL family does not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria, then they are issued with White Cards for whom the subsidized rate services are not applicable along with further benefits and incentives provided by the respective State Government.
If the annual income of the family does not exceed more than Rs.15,000/-, then the family will be categorized as Below Poverty Line (BPL) family.
Commodities For APL Ration Card
The Food & Security cards are rendered to the families of the state by the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) under the Minimum Common Need Programme which is executed by the Indian Government for APL, BPL Ration cards.
Essential commodities for basic family needs are not issued to the families under the APL category.
These families are provided with:
- Saffron cards for the people in the Rural areas.
- Photo cards for the people in the Urban Areas.
White cards or Honaray cards are issued to the people who do not need any amount of Ration from the Public Distribution System but need ration cards for Resident or Identity proof document purpose only.
The Rice, Sugar, and Kerosene are provided to the families with APL Ration cards.
- Rations received by the APL Ration cardholders are set by the Government depending upon availability.
- All the commodities and rations are fixed from time to time by the Public Distribution System.
- Only Rice, Wheat and kerosene are provided for APL families.
- Sugar is subsidized for only BPL families and AAY families.
How To Apply For APL Ration Card
Anyone who wants to apply for a new APL Ration card has to follow the below procedure carefully.
These Application forms can be found on respective state’s Public Distribution System like the Andhra Pradesh’s PDS website. Click here https://epdsap.ap.gov.in/ to visit the AP EPDS website. The Application forms will be provided on that website.
- Visit your nearest Public Distribution System Office.
- Take the prescribed application form from the officials.
- Fill in all the details in the Ration card prescribed application form.
- The applications can be obtained for free of charge with no fee for all candidates.
- If the applicant needed a computerized ration card, then he/she needs to pay a fee of Re.1
- The application form can be either submitted in a plain form or in a printed form.
- The details filled in the application form are to be accurate with no mistakes.
- The applications are to be filled and submitted either by Head of the family or by Spouse.
Note: The application is proffered to the office itself when the applicant will be given an acknowledgment number which will be further used for tracking the ration card application status which is already submitted.
After some days, the applicant can collect his/her ration card from the ration card office.
Documents Required For APL Ration Card
The supporting documents are to be attached, filed and submitted along with the Ration card application. The following list of documents is supported by the State Government as proof Identities.
- Three passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
- Proof of Address: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant.
- Identity card issued by the Government or by Public Sector Undertakings.
- Latest telephone bill in the name of the applicant. (3 months old maximum)
- Voter Identity card.
- Latest tax paid receipt.
- Extract of the Electoral Roll.
All the documents are verified and checked by the APL Local Food inspector.
If any fake document or false practice is involved in the Application procedure then the application may get rejected by the Food Inspector. Providing copies of Original documents will smoothen the process thereafter.
If you do have any doubts related to APL List, do leave a comment here we do help you out.