Obtain a Domicile Certificate – Complete information about domicile certificate and how to apply for it. Application form download, and list of required documents, and domicile certificate format.
Any Additional Benefits such as Residence Quotas can be availed in Educational Institutions and in the government service. Sometimes local residents are preferred for a job where the Domicile certificate can be used and submitted as a proof document.
In this article, you will get to know How to Apply/Obtain for a Domicile Certificate, Required Documents and also to Download the Certificate form. Each and every detail you required regarding the Domicile Certificate.
How to Apply/Obtain for Domicile Certificate[Online]
Any Permanent resident of the respective State/UT is eligible to obtain/apply for a Domicile Certificate.
- Visit the official site of the Meeseva of the respective state.
- Log in to your account with the credentials.
- If you don’t have on you can register an account at any time.
After you logged in, you can see the list of the services available from the meeseva online portal. Click on the link “Domicile Certificate” or the “Resident Certificate” from the list.
You will be redirected to a page where you can see an online application form.
- Fill in all the required details in their columns with the right information.
- You have to submit the Proof Documents along with the application form.
- At last, submit the application in order to obtain.
The application and attached proof documents will be verified by the Tehsildar, District Collector who have to approve the application to proceed further. The required Documents to apply for the Domicile Certificate are listed below.
Apply/Obtain for Domicile Certificate[Offline]
The prescribed application forms are available online in meeseva websites or offline from the local governing authorities like Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Tehsildar’s office, District Collector’s office or also in the Revenue Departments.
- Either download or get the application forms regarding the Domicile certificate application.
- Fill in the whole application form with all the necessary details.
- The Applicant will be required to produce proof of Continous residence in the State/UT.
The documents attaching to the application form should be the photocopy of the Original Document, any fake document produced will result in rejecting the application.
Proof of Residence documents is to be submitted up to a specific period as per the guidelines.
For the submission of the Domicile Certificate Application, you are needed to pay an SLA Service charge of Rs.35/-.
The Service fees may vary from state to State. After the Submission of the Application, you will receive a text message to your mobile number informing about the details of the Domicile Certificate.
Documents Required To Obtain Domicile Certificate
The list of the required Documents you can submit with the Domicile certificate Application form is a big one, from which you can select any documents based on your comfort.
The following list is the proof documents you can submit to the meeseva office along with the Application.
- A Photocopy of Ration Card
- Bank Passbook Photocopy
- Electricity or Telephone Bill
- Passport sized photographs (of the Applicant)
- A Copy of Birth Certificate
- Life Insurance Copy
- An affidavit from the Tehsildar
- Aadhaar Card etc
Any of the Above documents can be attached to the Application form while submitting it to the officials in the nearby meeseva office.
You can also submit the application in the district’s collector office or any revenue department.
An approved letter from the tehsildar can be added benefit to speed up the Procedure of applying for a Domicile Certificate.
Eligibility To Get Domicile Certificate
For an applicant to obtain a permanent Domicile Certificate, the Application form should be submitted in the prescribed format. The following list is the eligibility criteria to get:
- Applicant should be a resident of that particular district.
- Original Date of Birth Certificate.
- Applicant home should be in that State/UT.
- The Applicant should be residing in that district for 15 or more than 15 years.
If he is not a resident for at least 15 years in that specific State/UT then his/her application will have a 100 per cent chance of getting rejected.
Status Of Your Domicile Certificate
The Applicant who needs to know his/her application Status can check it online in the following ways.
Any detail regarding his certificate such as Mobile number registered to it, Application Number etc can help the applicant to know his/her Application Status.
- Visit the respective State government portal.
- Click on the “Status of your Application“.
- Select any one option from the three as shown in the below image.
- Enter the specific Mobile number or application number and click “Go’.
Your details will be verified and the Status of the Domicile Certificate Application will be displayed under the Section.
For More information you can comment here or do contact us.