Voter ID Card is the one of the official legal proof document which is provided by the Government of India. These Voter ID Cards are issued to the Citizens who are resident of India. These Voter ID cards are used by the people to vote during the State/National wide democratic elections.
In this article, you will know the Documents which are required to apply for the Voter ID Card. All these documents are to be attached/ uploaded along with the Voter ID Application form. Photocopies of the original documents are to be submitted to the officials so that they can verify the Applicant’s identity.
You can get the details/information and also services regarding the Voter ID card from the official online portal which is called as National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP). Click on the link to visit the website of the NVSP.
Documents Required to Apply for Voter ID
There are so many documents which are to be provided during the Application of either New Voter ID card or for a Duplicate Voter ID Card. All those documents are listed in a categorised manner to avoid the confusion for the candidates.
Mainly there are three types of Proof Documents which can be provided with the Voter ID application form. The following are the types of the Documents we are discussing above. Have a clear look at those type of Documents.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Age
All the Government issued documents are categorised under these three types for the candidates to have a clarity. Any one document under each category is enough for the candidates to provide during the application procedure.
Proof of Identity Documents
The following is the list of the Proof of Identity Documents which are accepted as the Proof of Identity Documents by the State Election’s office or the verification.
- Photo PAN card
- Valid Indian passport
- Voters Identity card
- Permanent laminated driving license
- Employee ID card issued by Defence/ Govt./ Public sector undertaking/ Reputed MNC’s only.
- Certificate of practice issued professional bodies like ICAI/ICSI/ICWAI/ ICFA can be accepted as ID proof.
- Bank pass book with attested customer photograph and signature.
- Defence ID
Private limited companies ID cards will not be accepted and ID proof should have the Photo of the candidate along with his/her Signature.
Proof of Address Documents
The Below list is filled with the Proof of Address documents which are also to be submitted as you should identify yourself as an Indian citizen and been in the same country for more than 4 years to get this Voter ID card.
- Valid Indian passport (valid only if the address on the passport is same as per the communication address)
- Life insurance premium receipt of any insurer
- Voter ID card
- Permanent laminated driving license
- Latest Telephone bill not older than 3 months
- Postpaid piped gas connection bill showing consumption and complete address
- Bank passbook or latest bank account statement
- Electricity Bill (with complete address of the account holder) – not older than 3 months
- Co-operative housing society receipt can be accepted as Proof of address document.
- Original postpaid mobile bill showing complete residence address of the applicant
- Notarised registered rent agreement with the latest electricity bill issued to the landlord
Any bills from the above-mentioned list should not be older than 3 months by the time of submission as the Document can’t be accepted if it older than 3 months. So make sure the bills are not expired so that they can be verified and approved by the officials easily during the authentication procedure.
Proof of Age Documents
The following are the Proof of Age Documents which are mandatory for candidates who are enrolling for a Voter ID card. As the age of the candidates plays a vital role in the Eligibility criteria to get a Voter ID Card. Any original or photocopy of the Original document among the below list is enough to submit it as a proof.
- Birth certificate
- School leaving certificate
- LIC policy (Minimum 12 months in force)
- College certificate
- PAN Card
- Driving License
During the registration for the Voter ID card, the candidates should submit the original documents. No fake document should be submitted. If any fake documents are submitted as a proof then the application will be get rejected without any notice to the applicant.