Domicile Certificate Maharashtra is one of the most important documents provided by the Government. It is a certificate which proves that the specific citizen is a bonafide or permanent resident of the certain State/Union Territory (UT).
Domicile Certificate can be an added asset and also come in handy in Educational Institutions and for certain jobs. We can get Admission or any other Various of Maharashtra Services in Educational Institutions.
In this article, you will learn about How to Apply for a Domicile Certificate or How to get it, Required Documents for Application. Another important thing is that this Certificate is given to those who prove that they are staying in a State for more than 15 Years.
How to Apply for Domicile Certificate In Maharashtra
Applying for a Domicile certificate in maharashtra is an easy process but it will take up to 30 days for you to get. The Steps below will guide how to get a In Maharashtra State. This Article is exclusive for citizens of Maharashtra.
- Collect the Domicile Certificate Application form either offline or Online.
- Offline in the sense from any local Authority like VRO or MRO etc.
- Take the Application form and fill it with all the necessary details in it.
You can get the Application form either from Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s office, Tehsildar’s Office, District Collector Office etc. Fill in the Following details in the Application with the right information.
- Name of the Applicant
- Date of Birth
- Place of BIrth
- Marital Status
- Ration Card Number
- Signature of the Applicant
These are supposed to be filled in the Application form with the details as recorded in the other Proof Documents like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID etc. The Applicant should mention if any of his/her family members are having any Domicile Certificate.
- Attach all the required proof Documents.
- Visit the nearest MeeSeva centre with the Application form for Submission.
- After Submitting the Application, the Applicant will receive his/her Domicile Certificate.
But it would take 30 days to get the Domicile certificate from the date of Submission. Your Application and Attached Documents will be verified by the Officials before approving your Application. Also, you will be charged Rs. 50/- for issuing Domicile Certificate in Maharashtra.
There will be no online application for this procedure in Maharashtra. Better if you prefer to apply as discussed above so that no mistakes will be made while applying and nothing can go wrong.
Documents Required for Domicile Certificate Maharashtra
The following list is the list of the Documents which are required while applying for Domicile Certificate in Maharashtra. Make sure that you hold these documents while applying for this certificate.
- Copy of Birth certificate
- Life Insurance Copy
- Ration Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhaar Card etc
- Two passports sized photographs of the Applicant
- An affidavit from the tehsildar court
- Completely Filled application form
The government provided documents are only should be submitted as the Proof Documents. Any fake document or any malpractices involved in submitting the Documents leads to rejection of the application.
These Documents are mandatory as these documents are verified. These are verified and cross-checked with the details the applicant has mentioned in his/her application form. Any wrong details also lead to rejection of the application.
Status of Your Application
An Applicant can easily track the Status of his/her application through the online portal provided by the Maharashtra Government. Follow the below step-to-step guide to track the Status of the Application of the Domicile Certificate.
- Go to the “Aaple Sarkar” online portal of the Government.
- Click here https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/ to visit the page directly.
- Click on the “Track your Application” on the Right Side of the page.
- A Details section will appear beside the button.
Enter the required detail in all the fields. In the first field, select the “Revenue Department” from the drop-down list and then followed by “Revenue Services” in the Second Column. Select the “Domicile Certificate” from the Drop-down menu of the third column.
Finally, enter your Application number in the last field and click on the “Go” button. Your details will be verified and the status of your application will be displayed on the following page.