As Voter ID card becomes a mandatory proof during elections Government wants Citizens to link their Voter ID cards to their Aadhaar card.
This is because to keep the track of the Fraudulent and fake Voter ID Card and to deactivate them. The Government of India has started this campaign for the above-explained objective.
The Process of linking up the Voter ID card with the Aadhaar is referred to as the Aadhaar-Voter ID Seeding or EPIC-Aadhaar seeding, where EPIC is referred to as Electoral Photo Identity Card i.e, Voter ID Card. This procedure of seeding is explained below in this article clearly.
Candidates who are looking forward to Link their Voter ID Card to their Aadhaar can follow any of the procedures explained below in this article.
There are four seeding procedures in which a candidate can follow anything according to his/her comfort in linking his Aadhaar to his/her Voter ID card. Follow the procedure carefully.
Online Aadhaar Linking Procedure
The Online procedure of Aadhaar and Voter ID linking should be done in the National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP), which is the official website to avail all the offered Voter ID Card services.
Once you visit the NVSP Online portal, the following steps are to be followed carefully.
- Click on the link to visit the Official NVSP Portal, https://www.nvsp.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the “Search Your Name in Electoral Roll” section.
- You will be redirected to another page as shown below.
- Fill up the details on the page such as Name, Age, DoB, Gender, State, District, Constituency etc.
Ensure once again if the entered details are correct or not. After filling up all the details click on the “Search” button at the end.
The details you entered will be checked and verified with the Government Database for a match. If your details are already registered then your details will once again appear.
- On the page, click on the “Feed Aadhaar no.” option which will be on left to your screen.
- Once you click the option, then a pop-up page will appear on your screen.
- You have to fill in your Name as per in the Aadhaar card.
- Also, other details such as Aadhaar number, Voter ID Number, Registered Mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Enter all the above-mentioned details in their respective columns.
Click on the “Submit” button at the end after filling all the required details. A Message will appear showing that the linking of Aadhaar to your Voter ID Card has been successfully registered.
So, you have to ensure entered details as they are going to be linked to your Voter ID Card.
Link your Aadhaar through SMS
This is second procedure to link your Aadhaar to your Voter ID Card. This is an easy procedure when compared to the above-explained procedure as you just have to send an SMS to get seed your Aadhaar to your Voter ID.
- Send an SMS from your Registered Mobile Number.
- The message format should be like ECLINK<SPACE><EPIC NUMBER><SPACE><AADHAAR NO.>.
- Send an SMS with the above format to the 166 or 51969.
This could be an easy procedure of all the other procedures and this may charge you mobile number balance for sending the SMS. And you will receive the confirmation message to your registered mobile number after your Aadhaar is successfully linked to your Voter ID Card.
Link your Aadhaar Through Phone
Linking of Aadhar with Voter ID can also be done through the Phone. You just have to call the dedicated call centres set up for this purpose which are also provided by the Government through the Election Commission of India (ECI).
You can also simply call 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and provide your Voter ID number and your Aadhaar card information for the purpose of linking. The Call operator will check and verify your details in their systems by surfing through the Voter ID cards database and link your Aadhaar card.
Link through Polling Booth
If you are not comfortable or cant perform above procedures, you can easily your Aadhar to your Voter ID just by submitting an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO). The information provided will be verified by the BLO and after verification, it will be reflected in the records.
- For this procedure, there are numerous Booth Level Officers (BLO) in every state.
- They collect the information and the link the Aadhaar card to your Voter ID Cards.
- Various Camps are also organised from time to time near so many localities.
You just have to hand over the self-attested photocopies of the Aadhaar card and Voter ID card to your BLO. Once the Booth Level Officer links your Aadhaar to your Voter ID he/she will let you intimidate about the successful seeding of Aadhaar to Voter ID. This is how one can link their Voter ID to their Aadhaar card.