Apply Voter ID card – The complete information about the new Election Identity card registration and process of applying via online & Offline.
A Voter ID card which is also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card) or simply Election Card is a photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India. This is issued to all Indian citizens who are eligible to vote and are residents of India.
The main purpose of the voter ID card is to serve as an identity proof for voters during the elections and can also be used as a Proof of Identity document.
This Voter ID card increases the efficiency and prevents the impersonation and fraud which will happen during the elections conducted in India or respective States.
This article explains you how to apply for a Voter ID Card or an Election card online and Offline procedures. Both the methods are explained in this article. BY the end of this article, you will be knowing all the required details and procedures of Applying for a Voter ID card online & offline.
How to Apply – Online
Any citizen of India who acquired the eligible to Vote can be able to apply for the new Voter ID card either by using the offline procedure or online procedure. In here, we are going to discuss the Online method of applying for a Voter ID card. Read and follow the steps which guide you through the Voter ID card registration procedure.
- Applicant should visit the national voter’s service portal (NSVP) website.
- Here is the official website link : https://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6?lang=en-GB
- On the homepage, click on the “Click here” option under the Voter ID Registration.
- You will be redirected to a page, where you find the online application form.
- You can either fill the application form in Hindi/Telugu format as per your comfort.
- Fill in all the details in the application form with correct information.
- After filling all the details, ensure that you entered correct details.
Click on the “Submit” button at the end of the page or if there are any mistakes in the Application form, click on the “Reset” button beside the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. You need to give your current address and permanent address as well. Don’t forget to fill the mandatory fields which are marked as “*” symbol beside them.
Before submission of the Application you are needed to upload the Photograph, Age Proof, and address proof documents to the application form either in .jpg,.png,.bmp,.jpeg formats.
How to Apply – Offline
The offline procedure is the same as the online procedure which was explained above. The only difference is that you have to fill the application form by hand in your comfortable language. Well, follow the below procedural guide which explains the offline Voter ID Application procedure.
Download application form:
- Applicant must visit the nearest State Election office.
- Request for the Form-6 from the officials in the office.
- Fill the blanks in the “Form-6” with all the necessary details.
- Provide all the supporting documents such as Identity proof, Address Proof etc.
- The applicant may submit the completed form to the respective election office.
On verification of all the documents and the details filled in the Application form, the Voter ID card will be issued to the respective individual. No fake documents should be provided which can get your application rejected during the verification of the form and documents.