Widow pension Delhi Scheme- An Informative article about how to apply for widow pension scheme, eligibility criteria, and status of the application online.
In our Country, most of the women are dependable on their husbands in financial matters. Even though some of them are having a financial support of living some of them completely depends on their husbands.
This dependency can be a huge problem for Women if their husbands pass away. As he is the only earning member in the family, it will be difficult for women to support herself and her children. It will be difficult for her even to get the basic needs like Food and Shelter.
In this article, we discussed How to Apply for a Widow pension scheme in Delhi, Also how to check the Status and Helpline number. But before you start applying for the Widow pension you better check the eligibility criteria to get the Widow Pension in Delhi.
Check: Difference Between APL Vs BPL Ration Card
How to Apply for Widow Pension Scheme in Delhi
There is no online application procedure for this scheme, so all the candidates have to apply for this Widow pension scheme offline by going to the office. All the steps needed to apply for the Widow Pension are mentioned below.
- Visit the nearest District office and obtain the application form – Attached Application form below.
- The form is available on the Women and Child Development official website.
- You are required to fill the details in the application form.
Download The Application Form Form Here:
The form can be directed downloaded or can be obtained from the office. You also have to attach three passport sized photographs for the application form.
- Also, enter the details of your bank so that all the benefits are transferred to account.
- The form should be check and signed by the women.
- The application form should be submitted to the women and Child development office.
It should be required that you should be attaching some of the relevant documents for availing the benefits of the Widow Pension Scheme. Age proof, Residential proof, Bank Passbook Photocopy,
In case of any physical disability, the women should also be required to be submitting the Disability certificate as a proof document which should be obtained from any Government Sectors. The same thing should be done in case of any mental illness.
Once the Application form is submitted you will be given a verification number for authentication purposes upon the successful verification, your widow Pension will be started.
Eligibility Criteria for the Widow Pension Holder
The following is the list of the Eligibility criteria for women who get to be applicable for the Widow Pension Holder Scheme introduced by the Government of Delhi.
All of these are should be applicable for women to get the scheme and its benefits, services etc.
- The Women should be Divorced, Abandoned or should be either widow.
- The Women should belong to a low-income group and She should be in need of Finances.
- This Scheme is not applicable to a woman who came from a Financial Background.
- The Women should be at least 18 years at the time of marriage.
The Government provides pension to those who are eligible for availing the benefits of the scheme.
The government provides Two Thousand and Five Hundred Rupees Only to the widowed women. At present, the pension increased by Rs.1000/-
Check the Status of your Application
Above all other Schemes introduced until now, Widow Pension scheme is a really good initiative which will be a lot helpful for women in meeting the basic expenses.
They won’t be feeling helpless either. Check the Status of your application in here.
- Go to the website of the Women and Child Development official portal.
- Click here https://www.wcddel.in/ to visit the page directly.
- Click on the “Know your Status” on the right side list on the homepage.
You will be redirected to a page where you have to enter the Application ID or the reference number to check out the status of your Widow Pension Application.
Your reference number will be verified and the details regarding the application will be shown to you.
Like this, you can know the status of your application online with the help of the Widow Pension Application. The Status of the application may not be dynamic but the details will be updated as soon as possible.
Helpline Numbers for any Queries
The following are the Helpline numbers which can be used to clear any queries or also to get solutions for the issues faced during the Widow Pension application procedure.
Also, any other questions related to the Widow pension can be asked to the support team on the helpline numbers.
- Financial Assistant Schemes(Widow Pension): 011-23384573, 23387715
- Women Empowerment Cell: 011-23383667, 23070996, 23388818