As the population of the Country is known to over 1.2 Billion, then we can say there are a sizable number of Voters in our country.
Based on the last report, there are up to 815 million Citizens who hold a Voter ID card. All of these numbers means there is a lot of chance for the errors. In which Name mistake in the Voter ID Card is common.
To make available all the Voter ID Card services to the Voters, the Government even introduced the Online as well as Offline Application processes as well.
Citizens of India or Voters who find many miss pelt mistakes in their Names in the Voter ID Card can be resolved with simple procedures which are explained below.
In brief, the Candidate or the Voter has to fill up an Application form with all the details and attach some of the supporting documents to the Form and sent it to the Electoral Office.
Your details are checked and verified and the new Voter ID card is issued to the respective Voter. All the possible set of Guidelines are given below.
Online Correction Procedure
Voter ID Cardholders who are having their name incorrectly spelt in their Voter ID card can get it changed online itself by following the procedure which was shown and explained in below. Just simply follow the procedure and you will get it done by the end of the process.
- Visit the official website of National Voter’s Service Portal, https://www.nvsp.in.
- On the homepage, navigate to the option titled as “Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll“.
- Click on the “Click here” button under the section.
- You will be redirected to a Page having the Online “Form-8“.
- Fill up the information with all of the required details in their respective text columns.
In the way, you will get to a section named as “Please tick the entry which is to be corrected” in the midway of the Application form.
You have to select the “Name” from the options. You have to enter your Name and Surname in below in both English and in Regional Languages.
After that, you have to upload the Supporting Document in the Supported formats which are mentioned there itself. But the Maximum size of the Document should be 2MB. Click on the “Choose File” option and upload the Document from your device. Submit the form by clicking on the “Submit” button.
Offline Correction Procedure
You can also change or correct your Name on the Voter ID card by submitting the application form and supporting documents directly to the Electoral Offices in the country.
Following is the detailed step-by-step procedure of the Offline name correction in Voter ID Card.
Download the Form-8 Application here,
- Find the Form-8 either online or in the Electoral Offices.
- Fill the Application form with all the necessary details as per the procedure explained above.
- Also, provide genuine information such as Name and Contact details in the form.
- Attach the Proof or Supporting documents to the Form
- Submit the form to the Chief Electoral Officer in the nearest Election office.
You can also track your Application status through the NSVP website for which the link was mentioned above. Just type in the reference number and you will be good to track the status.