Voter ID card is a legal Document without which the candidate is not allowed to cat his/her vote in the elections. It gives the access the right to vote during any regional/state/National Elections.
This Legal Document is also provided only to the Citizens of India and who fulfils the eligibility criteria for a Voter ID Card.
As there are about 800 Million Voters in our country the problems the Voters are having also matches the same number as maintaining and organising elections is not an easy task.
The government introduced an Election Commission of India (ECI) to look over all the elections based works.
The major problem the Voter ID Cardholder will be having is that he/she having their Date of Birth (DoB) misprinted on their Voter ID Card. In this article, you are going to know the online and offline correction procedure through which one can easily correct their Date of Birth on the Voter ID Card.
Online DOB Correction
Voter ID Cardholders who are having their Date of Birth details incorrect in their Voter ID card can get it modified online with the help of guidelines which are shown as well as explained elaborately below.
Just follow the online procedure below and by the end of the procedure, you can modify the details in your Voter ID Card by yourself through online portal mentioned below.
- Go to the official portal of NSVP – National Voter’s Service Portal, https://www.nvsp.in.
- On the homepage, navigate to the option titled as “Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll“.
- Click on the “Click here” button under the section.
- You will be redirected to a Page having the Online “Form-8“.
- Fill up the information with all of the required details in their respective text columns.
Click or Tick on the option “Date of Birth” under the section named as “Please tick the entry which is to be corrected” which will be in the halfway of the Form-8.
You have to enter your Date of Birth in the relevant fields. Enter the correct Date of Birth and don’t confuse it with your incorrect Date of Birth.
After that, you have to upload the Supporting Document in the formats (.jpg,.png,.bmp,.jpeg) which are mentioned there itself.
But the Maximum size of the Document should be 2MB. Click on the “Choose File” option and upload the Document from your device. Submit the form by clicking on the “Submit” button.
Offline DOB Correction
You can also change your Date of Birth(DOB) just by filling the form and submitting it to the nearest Election office. The whole set of the guidelines for the Correction Procedure will be mentioned in the below in a certain manner.
Download your Form-8 here:
- Visit the Local Election office in your region.
- Request for the Form-8 in the Electoral Office.
- Fill in the all the required details in the Form as mentioned in the above procedure.
- Attach the Supporting document such as Aadhaar or Birth Certificate etc to the form.
After filling up the Application form and attaching the documents you can submit it to the Chief Electoral Officer. You can even track the application status online through the same NSVP portal.