Elections have always been a major thing in our Country. Maintaining and Organizing the Elections is not easy all over the world. Central Government has introduced the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take care and look after the Elections in India.
With the population we have in our country we can easily judge that there are so many Voters at present. It means there might be many problems Voter ID cardholders would be suffering It could be a mistake in his/her details mentioned on the Voter ID Card.
In this article, we are going to discuss the Address change in the Voter ID Card as it is the major problem people always deal with.
Each and every detail regarding the procedure is mentioned below. Candidate must have to fill a form and attach the proof documents and get a new Voter ID card after some days of submission of the Form.
Online Address Correction In Voter ID Card
There are two ways for the Voter to change his/her address on the Voter ID Card. Of those, Online Correction procedure is one which will be easier also if the candidate goes through the guidelines mentioned and explained below. For that candidate has to visit the NSVP-National Voter’s Service Portal official website to avail services.
- Log on to the official website of NSVP, https://www.nvsp.in.
- On the homepage, go to the section named as “Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll“.
- Click on the “Click here” button under the section which will redirect you to another page.
- That Page will be having the Online form named as “Form-8“.
- Fill up the information with all of the required details in their respective text columns.
- In the form, under the section “e” please tick on the “Address” option.
The section – e will be also viewed as “Please tick the entry which is to be corrected” in the Online Form. This will give access to fill up the new Address columns in the form.
Enter the New Address in their relevant columns and make sure that the address entered in the correct one and not the older one printed on the Voter ID card.
Then upload the Supporting Documents such as Ration card, Aadhaar card etc which can help the ECI to verify your Address which is entered in the Form.
Fill in the remaining mandatory details and Submit the Form online by clicking on the “Submit” button at the bottom.
As we said there are two procedures for this Address Correction, this can be considered as the second one. Both the procedures are similar except for the above one which is to be done online while the candidate has to visit the Electoral Office for this one.
Follow the below steps which explain the offline Address correction procedure.
Download the Form-8 Application here,
- Find the Form-8 either online(in the NSVP website as said above) or in the Electoral Offices.
- Fill up the details in the form with all the required details with the correct information.
- Also, provide the correct information such as Name and Contact details as per in your documents.
- Attach the Proof or Supporting documents to the Form in the end and ensure the details once again.
- Submit the form to the Chief Electoral Officer in the nearest Election office.