India is the largest democracy in the world. The right to vote and more importantly the exercise of franchise by the eligible citizens is at the heart of every democracy.
We, the people, through this exercise of our right to vote, have the ultimate power to shape the destiny of country by electing our representatives who run the Government and take decisions for the growth, development and benefit of all the citizens.
The Election Commission of India has made voter identification mandatory at the time of the poll. The electors have to identify themselves with either the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Commission or any other documentary proof as prescribed by the Commission.
As an elector, you should immediately check whether your name has been included in the electoral roll of the constituency where you reside or not.
You can find out this information from the Electoral Registration Officer of your area. Electoral rolls in all major cities have now been displayed on official websites also.
Find Polling Booth Location Online
There are two online procedures that one can find the Location of their Polling Booth. Just follow one or the other procedure to find out the Location of your Polling Booth online.
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission of India (ECI).
- Click on the link to visit the website, https://eci.nic.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the “Know your Polling Station and BLO Details” on the right side column.
- You will be redirected to a page as shown in the below image.
- You have to enter the details such as State, District, AC and click on “Search” option.
- You can also select the Polling Station and click on the “Search” button.
The details you entered will be checked and verified and if the details are correct then the details of your Polling Booth Location and Details of the BLO will be shown on the page. If you are not sure with this method you can proceed with the procedure which is well explained below.
- Click on the link, https://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Linkto_electo_search.aspx.
- You will be shown Links to Electors search on the CEO website as shown in the below image.
- if you click on your State/Union Territory you will be redirected to state’s search engine.
- In that page, you have to fill up the details like District, Address, Name, AC Name etc.
- After that, click on the “Search” button at the bottom.
All your details are verified and displayed on the page as in the above procedure. This is another online procedure to check out the Details of the Polling Booth Locations in India for a specific individual.
Details are to be correct to get your Polling Booth Locations otherwise you will be shown an error message on the page or as a pop-up depending on the state’s electoral officer’s website.
Find Polling Booth Location through SMS
Finding through the SMS is not an adequate process as it may take longer and also varies the response time from one State to Another. It also varies in terms of destination number and format. We are all aware that the process for some states is working while for some states they don’t even have any SMS services to find the Polling booth locations.
- Andhra Pradesh – Vote<space>Voter ID Card No. to 9246280027.
- Chandigarh – BTH<space>Voter ID Card No. to 9216164606.
- Karnataka – Send SMS as KAEPIC<space>Voter ID Card No. to 9243355223.
- Kerala – ELE<space>Voter ID Card No. to 54242 or 537252.
- Odisha – CEOODI<space>ED<space>Voter ID Card No. to 9238300131
- Tamilnadu – EPIC<space>Voter ID Card No. to 9444123456.
- Uttar Pradesh – UPEPIC<space>Voter ID CARD No. to 9212357123
- West Bengal – WBEC<space>Voter ID Card No. to 51969.
Despite all the details mentioned above, you can still get the numbers for other states from their official Electoral website or from the Electoral Offices in their region or locality. You can reach the Election Commission (24×7) at 1950 toll-free.
You can even call them for clarifications and complaints about the voter ID card services.
Certainly, all the above measures are aimed at conducting elections as effectively as possible. We urge Indian voters to make use of the facilities and choose the right people to lead the nation.
Before you come to the polling booth, there are some other important aspects that you need to know as an elector and a conscientious citizen of the country. All these details can be found in the Electoral Office.